lunes, 16 de octubre de 2017

I hate this semester

It is sad to think about the subject that I liked the most this year, because I have not even liked it. I've never had this in the years I've been in the university, but it is inevitable because the subjects that I have are depressing, especially radio (I hate radio). Anyway, if they made me choose the "less bad" subject that I have had this semester I would opt for Mass Culture. As classes are on Fridays at 2:30 p.m. I have to leave at 12:30 p.m. of my house, so I can wake up at 11 am and eat breakfast and be happy. First thing I like the subject jeje.
Resultado de imagen para oscar wildeThe classes consist of an exposition of the teacher (the wonderful Felipe Espinosa - equal to Oscar Wilde if he had not died young and handsome) of three hours. It sounds horrible, but it's not so bad. The topics are very interesting, explain us about communication at the mass level and how it can be manipulated. Also of what is the cultural industry and how films and bands (and everything in general) is made for sale within the framework of the capitalist economy. Cultural products become repetitions of an original and this causes them to lose value. I like the material because it is dynamic and very real because it is a thing that we can see in anyway. In the last test made us read the philosophers of life, and Marx, and Hegel and others, and I did very well lol I did not sleep last night, I like to work under pressure.Resultado de imagen para cultura de masas

1 comentario: