lunes, 16 de octubre de 2017

The postgrade


Journalism has a lot of options to work and specialize. For the same reason, the universities have a wide range of offers for the postgraduate. Even though I've never thought about it, it's not a bad time to do it. The cultural area is one of my favorite topics, and I think in that area I could become professional. But at the same time I find myself doing political journalism, where I will need to do or specialize in investigative journalism. 


Anyway, this throws up several problems, and the biggest of all is this: any post grade is too expensive. How much is too expensive? since the journalism course of investigation directed by the great Maria Olivia Mönckeberg has a value of $ 1,444,896 for eight months of class, not counting the enrollment.

So, in addition to increasing job competition (because if you have a post-graduate or a magister you're supposed to be a better professional and that's not necessarily true), it's not affordable for a recent graduate. Well, but in the event that after graduating I have a stable job in a recognized environment where I pay well (impossible), the post degree I could choose is the one I mentioned above, where they teach you research methodologies, or the cultural media, criticism and book publishing. There obviously hehe learn everything about the parameters of editing and criticism.
education is kept in the hands of the market, where they can not access all. On the other hand, the forms of specialization do not vary much, beyond political journalism, the sports, the economic and the school of this university takes the deantera as cultural and critical specialization, which is one of the great failures of communication in the country.

1 comentario:

  1. I think like you, education is in the hands of the market, the private, the rich. Someday this must to change, We will think that yes.

    Greetings.

    ResponderEliminar